Sunday, July 26, 2009

Amusement Park Atmosphere

July 26, 2009:
I recently returned from a week in Williamsburg, VA with the family and enjoyed some time in Busch Gardens Europe. The park was moderately busy for a weekday and I would give it an 8 for cleanliness. They had staff picking up lose trash and there was an attendant inside each bathroom I used throughout the day. Yesterday was Good Shepherd Employee Appreciation Day @ Dorney Park. A day for employees to enjoy a subsidized entry into the park and a cook out type meal throughout the day with a menu of Fried Chicken, Hamburgers and Hotdogs. The Hotdogs and Hamburgers were fine but the Chicken was very dry. Be that as it may, it was a wonderful gesture by Good Shepherd Rehabilitation towards its employees. My problem is with the filth throughout Dorney Park. I observed several feminine napkins and two diapers in the wave pool as well as a fair amount of candy wrappers. My wife tells me the ladies room was like wadding into a river of urine. No attendant and a smell that would knock a buzzard off a week-old deer carcass. Our family has season passes and it makes me question the value in continuing that purchase next year. Just an onservance from my life and times.

No comments:

Post a Comment